Skip to main content
Msc Dissertation Topics
PhD Thesis Topics
Book & Book Chapters
General Subject Publications
News & Events
: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in
: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in
Year of Publication
- Any -
2014 + Earlier
1. Brinkel J, Krämer A, Krumkamp R, May J, & Fobil JN (2014) Mobile phone-based mHealth approaches for public health surveillance in sub-Saharan Africa: A systematic review. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, vol. 11, 11559
2. Stoler J, Dashti R, Anto F, Fobil JN & Awandare GA (2014) Deconstructing “malaria”: West Africa as the next front for dengue fever surveillance and control. Acta tropica, vol. 134, pp 58-65.
3. Efavi JK, Yaya A, Adeborna S, & Fobil JN (2014) Development and comparative analysis of aluminosilicate based ceramic filters for ground water defluoridation. Advanced Materials Research, vol. 936, 822-828.
4. Feldt T, Fobil JN, Wittsiepe J, Wilhelm M, Till H, Burchard G, & Göen T. (2013) High levels of PAH-metabolites in urine of e-waste recycling workers from Agbogbloshie, Ghana. Science of the Total Environment, June 25, 2013, vol. 466, pp 369-376.
5. Akormedi M, Asampong E & Fobil JN (2013) Working conditions and environmental exposures among electronic waste workers in Ghana. International Journal of Occupational & Environmental Health, April 18, 2013. 19(4), 278-286.
6. Rodrigues FK, Armah G, Fobil JN, Steiner-Asiedu M, Efavi J, & Addy B. (2012) UV irradiation of Shigella dysenteriae induced the transformation and excision of a presumed integrated lysogenic prophage shd-4L10 into a lytic phase. Journal of the Ghana
7. Fobil JN, Levers C, Lakes T, Loag W, Kraemer A, & May J. (2012) Mapping urban malaria mortality in Accra, Ghana: Evidence of vulnerabilities and implications for urban health policy. Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine
8. Fobil JN, Loag W, Schwarz NG, Rodrigues FK, Meyer CG, Kraemer A, & May J (2012) Area-based socioeconomic conditions and urban malaria and diarrhea mortalities in Accra, Ghana. International Journal of Tropical Medicine 7 (1): 6-16.
9. Fobil JN, Kraemer A, Meyer CG, & May J (2011) Neighborhood urban environmental quality conditions are likely to drive malaria and diarrhea mortality in Accra, Ghana. Journal of environmental and public health, July 2011. pp10.
10. Fobil JN, Aryee E, Bilson FB, May J, & Kraemer A. (2011) A review of the structure and function of vital registration system in Ghana: towards improvement in mortality data quality for health policy analysis. Journal of Public Health in Africa, 2011,
11. Fobil JN, Kumoji R, Armah HB, Aryee E, Bilson FB, Carboo D, Rodrigues FK, May J, & Kraemer A. (2011) A study of autopsy procedures in Ghana: Implications for the use of autopsy data in epidemiological analyses. Journal of Public Health in Africa, 2011
12. Krefis AC, Schwarz NG, Kruger A, Fobil JN, Nkrumah B, Acquah S, Loag W, Sarpong N, Adu-Sarkodie Y, Ranft U & May J (2011) Modeling the relationship between precipitation and malaria incidence in children from a holoendemic area in Ghana. American Jour
13. Fobil JN, Kolawole O, Hogarh J, Carboo D & Rodrigues F. Waste management financing in Ghana and Nigeria – how can the concept of polluter-pays-principle (PPP) work in both countries? International journal of academic research. Vol. 2(3). May 2010. pp1
14. Ofosu-Budu GK, Hogarh JN, Quaye A, Danso SKA, Carboo D, & Fobil JN (2010) Harmonizing Procedures for the Evaluation of Compost Maturity in two Compost Types in Ghana. International Journal of Sustainable Resources Management and Environmental Efficien
15. Sarpong N, Loag W, Fobil JN, Meyer CG, Adu-Sarkodie Y, May J & Schwarz NG (2010) National health insurance coverage and socioeconomic status in a rural district if Ghana. Tropical medicine and international health. Vol. 15(2) February 2010. pp191-197.
16. Fobil JN, May J, & Kraemer, A. (2010) Assessing the relationship between socioeconomic conditions and urban environmental conditions, Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health 2010, 7, 125-145; doi:10.3390/ijerph7010125.
19. Hogarh JN, Fobil JN, Ofosu-Budu GK, Carboo D, Ankrah NA, & Nyarko A (2008) Assessment of Heavy Metal Contamination and Macro-nutrient Content of Composts for Environmental Pollution Control in Ghana. Global Journal of Environmental Research 2 (3): 133
20. Fobil JN, Armah, N.A. Hogarh JN & Carboo D (2008) The influence of institutions and organizations on urban waste collection systems: An analysis of waste collection system in Accra, Ghana (1985–2000). Journal of Environmental Management, vol. 86(1) Ja
21. Fobil JN & Hogarh JN (2006) The Dilemmas of Plastic Wastes in a Developing Economy: Proposals for a Sustainable Management Approach for Ghana. West Africa Journal of Applied Ecology. Vol. 10, pp.221-229.
22. Carboo D. & Fobil JN (2006) Physico-chemical Analysis of Municipal Solid Wastes (MSW) in the Accra metropolis: West African Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 7, pp. 31-39.
23. Attuquayefio DK & Fobil JN (2006) An Overview of Biodiversity Conservation in Ghana: Challenges and Prospects. West African Journal of Applied Ecology, vol. 7, pp1-18.
24. Borzekowski DLG, Fobil JN, & Asante RKO (2006) Online Access by Adolescents in Accra: Ghanaian Teens’ Use of the Internet for Health Information. Developmental Psychology 2006, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp450-8.
25. Fobil JN & Soyiri IN (2006) An assessment of government policy response to HIV/AIDS in Ghana: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS, Vol 3, No 2 (2006), pp457-465.
26. Rodrigues FK, Bhardwaj B & Fobil JN (2006) Evidence of Plasmid-Mediated Trimethoprim Resistance in two Districts in Ethiopia. Journal of the Ghana Science Association. Vol. 8 pp.1-7.
27. Fobil JN, Carboo D & Armah NA (2005) Evaluation of Municipal Solid Wastes (MSW) for Utilization in Energy Production in Developing Countries. International Journal of Environmental technology and Management (IJETM). 5(1) pp. 76-86.
28. Fobil JN & Atuguba RA (2004) Ghana: changing urban environmental ills in slum communities. International Journal of Environmental Policy and Law 34 (4-5, 2004): 206-215.
29. Fobil JN, Carboo D, & Clement C (2002) Defining Options for Integrated Municipal Waste Management in Large Cities of Low-income Economies-The Case of the Accra Metropolis in Ghana. Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp 1
1. Asampong E, Dwuma-Badu K, Stephens J, Srigboh R, Neitzel R, Basu N, & Fobil JN (2015) Health seeking behaviours among electronic waste workers in Ghana. BMC Public Health (2015) 15:1065 DOI 10.1186/s12889-015-2376-z, October 2015.
2. Sothmann P, Krumkamp R, Kreuels B, Sarpong N, Frank C, Ehlkes L, Fobil JN, Gyau K, Jaeger A, Bosu B, Marks F, Owusu-Dabo E, Salzberger B, & May J (2015) Urbanicity and paediatric bacteraemia in Ghana – A case-control study within a rural-urban transiti
3. Bortey-Sam N, Nakayama SMM, Akoto O, Ikenaka Y, Fobil JN, Baidoo E, Mizukawa H, & Ishizuka M (2015) Accumulation of Heavy Metals and Metalloid in Foodstuffs from Agricultural Soils around Tarkwa Area in Ghana, and Associated Human Health Risks. Interna
4. Sarpong N, Owusu‑Dabo E, Kreuels B, Fobil JN, Segbaya S, Amoyaw F, Hahn A, Kruppa T & May J (2015) Prevalence of malaria parasitaemia in school children from two districts of Ghana earmarked for indoor residual spraying: a cross‑sectional study. Malar
5. Basu N, Clarke E, Green A, Calys-Tagoe B, Chan L, Dzodzomenyo M, Fobil JN, Long RN, Neitzel RL, Obiri S, Odei E, Ovadje L, Quansah R, Rajaee M & Wilson ML (2015) Integrated Assessment of Artisanal and Small-Scale Gold Mining in Ghana—Part 1: Human Hea
6. Markakpo US, Armah GE, Fobil JN, Asmah RH, Anim-Baidoo I, Dodoo AK, Madjitey P, Essuman EE, Kojima S & Bosompem KM (2015) Immunolocalization of the 29 kDa Schistosoma haematobium species-specific antigen: a potential diagnostic marker for urinary schis
7. Wittsiepe J, Fobil JN, Till H, Burchard G-D, Wilhelm M & Torsten F (2015) Levels of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, dibenzofurans (PCDD/Fs) and biphenyls (PCBs) in blood of informal e-waste recycling workers from Agbogbloshie, Ghana, and controls.
8. Udofia EA, Fobil JN, & Gulis G (2015) Solid medical waste management in Africa. African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology. 9(3), 244-254.
9. Kretchy J-P, Dzodzomenyo M, Rheinlӓnder T, Ayi, I., Konradsen F, Fobil JN, & Dalsgaard A. (2015). Exposure, protection and self-reported health problems among solid waste handlers in a Coastal Peri-urban community in Ghana. International Journal of Pub
10. Stoler J, Delimini RK, Bonney JHK, Oduro RA, Owusu-Agyei S, Fobil JN, & Awandare GA (2015) Evidence of recent Dengue exposure among malaria parasite-positive children in three urban centers in Ghana. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene.
1. Srigboh RK, Basu N, Stephens JK, Asampong E, Perkins M, Neitzel RL & Fobil JN (2016) Multiple elemental exposures amongst workers at the Agbogbloshie electronic waste (e-waste) site in Ghana. Chemosphere. 164:68-74. doi: 10.1016/j., December, 2016.
2. Wittsiepe J, Feldt T, Till H, Burchard G-D, Wilhelm M & Fobil JN (2016) Pilot study on the internal exposure to heavy metals of informal-level electronic waste workers in Agbogbloshie, Accra, Ghana. Environmental Science and Pollution Research; DOI 10.
3. Markakpo US, Bosompem KM, Dzodzomenyo M, Danso-Appiah A, Essuman EE, Anyan WK, Suzuki M, Stephens JK, Anim-Baidoo I, Asmah RH, Ofori MF, Madjitey P, Danquah JB, Frempong NA, Kwofie KD, Amoa-Bosompem M, Sullivan Jr D, Fobil JN &. Quakyi IA (2016) Minimi
4. Basu N, Ayelo PA, Djogbenou LS, Kedote´ M, Lawin H, Tohon H, Oloruntoba EO, Adebisi NA, Cazabon D, Fobil JN, Robins T, & Fayomi B (2016) Occupational and environmental health risks associated with informal sector activities - Selected case studies from
5. Isogai N, Hogarh JN, Seike N, Kobara Y, Oyediran F, Wirmvem MJ, Ayonghe SN, Fobil JN & Masunaga S (2016) Atmospheric monitoring of organochlorine pesticides across some West African countries. Environmental Science & Pollution Research doi:10.1007/s11
6. Eibach D, Herrera-León S, Gil H, Hogan B, Ehlkes L, Adjabeng M, Kreuels B, Nagel M, Opare D, Fobil JN & May J (2016) Molecular Epidemiology and antibiotic susceptibility of Vibrio cholerae associated with a large cholera outbreak in Ghana in 2014. PLoS
7. Marks F, Rabehanta N, Baker S, Panzner U, Park SE, Fobil JN, Meyer CG, & Rakotozandrindrainy R (2016) A Way Forward for Healthcare in Madagascar? Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2016;62(S1):S76–9, March 2016.
8. Frank C, Krumkamp R, Sarpong N, Sothmann P, Fobil JN, Foli G, Jaeger A, Ehlkes L, Owusu‑Dabo E, Adu‑Sarkodie Y, Marks F, Schumann RR, May J & Kreuels B (2016) Spatial heterogeneity of malaria in Ghana: a cross‑sectional study on the association between
9. Burns KN, Sun K, Fobil JN & Neitzel RL (2016) Heart rate, stress, and occupational noise exposure among electronic waste recycling workers. International journal of environmental research and public health 2016, 13, 140; doi:10.3390/ijerph13010140. Ja
10. Yu EA, Akormedi M, Asampong E, Meyer CG, & Fobil JN (2016) Informal processing of electronic waste at Agbogbloshie, Ghana: workers’ knowledge about associated health hazards and alternative livelihoods. Global Health Promotion Vol 0(0): 1-9; 631523. D
1. Landrigan PJ, Fuller R, Acosta NJR, Adeyi O, Arnold R, Basu N, Balde AB, Bertollini R, Bose-O'Reilly S, Boufford JI, Breysse PN, Chiles T, Mahidol C, Coll-Seck AM, Cropper ML, Fobil JN, Fuster V, Greenstone M, Haines A, Hanrahan D, Hunter D, Khare M, K
2. Cazabon D, Fobil JN, Essegbey G, Basu N (2017) Structured identification of response options to address environmental health risks at the Agbogbloshie electronic waste site. Integrated Environmental Assessment & Management. 13 (6), pp. 980-991.
3. Brinkel J, May J, Krumkamp R, Lamshoft M, Kreuels B, Owusu-Dabo E, Mohammed A, Bonacic Marinovic A, Dako-Gyeke P, Kramer A, Fobil JN (2017) Mobile phone-based interactive voice response as a tool for improving access to healthcare in remote areas in Gh
4. Brinkel J, Dako-Gyeke P, Kramer A, May J, Fobil JN (2017) An investigation of users' attitudes, requirements and willingness to use mobile phone-based interactive voice response systems for seeking healthcare in Ghana: a qualitative study. Public Healt
5. Wittsiepe J, Feldt T, Till H, Burchard D-G, Wilhelm M, Fobil JN (2017) Pilot study on the internal exposure to heavy metals of informal-level electronic waste workers in Agbogbloshie, Accra, Ghana. Environmental Science & Pollution Research Internation
6. Udofia EA, Gulis G, Fobil JN (2017) Solid medical waste: a cross sectional study of household disposal practices and reported harm in Southern Ghana. BMC Public Health. 17(1). pp. 464.
1. Heacock M, Trottier B, Adhikary S, Asante KA, Basu N, Brune M-N, Caravanos J, Carpenter D, Cazabon D, Chakraborty P, Chen A, Barriga FD, Ericson B, Fobil JN, Haryanto B, Huo X, Joshi TK, Landrigan P, Lopez A, Magalini F, Navasumrit P, Pascale A, Samban
2. Franke KH, Krumkamp R, Mohammed A, Sarpong N, Owusu-Dabo E, Brinkel JK, Fobil JN, Marinovic AB, Asihene P, Boots M, May J & Kreuels B. (2018) A mobile phone based tool to identify symptoms of common childhood diseases in Ghana: development and evaluati
3. Udofia EA, Gulis G, Fobil JN (2018) Making a Case for Diversion of Solid Medical Waste from Households: A Generation Study in Ga South Municipal Assembly, Accra, Ghana. Journal of Environmental Protection. 9, 50-66. https://doi.org/10.4236/jep.2018.910
4. Nahomi Isogai, Jonathan N. Hogarh, Nobuyasu Seike, Yuso Kobara, Femi Oyediran, Mengnjo J. Wirmvem, Samuel N. Ayonghe, Julius Fobil & Shigeki Masunaga (2018). Atmospheric monitoring of organochlorine pesticides across some West African countries. Enviro
5. Jonathan N. Hogarh, Nobuyasu Seike, Yuso Kobara, Derick Carboo, Julius N. Fobil & Shigeki Masunaga. Source characterization and risk of exposure to atmospheric polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in Ghana. Environmental Science and Pollution Research volu
6. Author links open overlay panelSandra N.OforiaJulius N.FobilbOsaretin J.Odia (2018).Household biomass fuel use, blood pressure and carotid intima media thickness; a cross sectional study of rural dwelling women in Southern Nigeria. Environmental Pollut
7. Jonathan N. Hogarh, Thomas P. Agyekum, Crentsil Kofi Bempah, Emmanuel D. J. Owusu-Ansah, Silas W. Avicor, Gordon A. Awandare, Julius N. Fobil & Kwasi Obiri-Danso (2018). Environmental health risks and benefits of the use of mosquito coils as malaria pr
8. Aliyu Mohammed, Konstantin Franke, Portia Boakye Okyere, Johanna Brinkel, Axel Bonačić Marinovic, Benno Kreuels, Ralf Krumkamp, Julius Fobil, Ju¨rgen May, Ellis Owusu-Dabo (2018). Feasibility of Electronic Health Information and Surveillance System (eH
9. Emilia A. Udofia, Julius Fobil, Gabriel Gulis (2018). Stakeholders’ Practices and Perspectives on Solid Medical Waste Management: A Community Based Study in Accra, Ghana. Journal of Environmental Protection, Vol.09 No.13(2018), Article ID:89072,19
10. Aliyu Mohammed, Konstantin Franke, Portia Boakye Okyere, Johanna Brinkel, Axel Bonačić Marinovic, Benno Kreuels, Ralf Krumkamp, Julius Fobil, Ju¨rgen May, Ellis Owusu-Dabo (2018). Feasibility of Electronic Health Information and Surveillance System (e